Currently working with people with disabilities or as a community service worker and looking to take the next step? The CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability is suitable for people who are employed in the disability industry and want to upgrade their knowledge and skills in this area.
The CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability addresses work in client homes and other community settings within defined organisational guidelines and service plans. It is designed for workers who provide services to clients with complex needs. These workers report to service managers and liaise with professionals and other service providers, and may be required to supervise and/or coordinate other staff.
What you ́ll learn
Our CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability is a nationally accredited qualification that is designed for working with people in the community or residential facilities. Students undertaking this course will learn a range of skills associated with the welfare of their clients, including those with complex needs.
This qualification will teach you to:
- The community sector
- Positive learning & skills development and maintenance
- Advanced behaviour support
- Following safety procedures
- Orientation to disability work
- Empowering people with disabilities
- Individualised support plans
- Facilitate support responsive to the nature of dementia
- Coordinate and monitor home based support
- Cultural diversity
- Providing services to older people with complex needs
- Networking and coordination of services